Senior Transportation Program
COEDD-AAA – Central Oklahoma Economic Development District – Area Agency on Aging offers several senior programs. Just call 405.273-6410 for additional information:
• Respite Services provides funding vouchers to 24-hour caregivers allowing them an opportunity for self-care. That could be a couple of days off or a hair appointment with the confidence of selecting the person(s) who will care for your loved one.
• Outreach Program providing services for seniors in rural areas. Contracts with specialty providers for additional services:
Nutrition Sites throughout Central Oklahoma, providing meals for seniors 60 years of age and older and an environment for social interaction. Meals that are homebound are also offered to those that qualify.
• Senior Legal Service Contract through Legal Aid of Oklahoma, 405.275.6870, will assist seniors at NO CHARGE with making arrangements for: Wills, Transfer on Death Deeds, Power of Attorney, and Living Wills
• Health Promotion Contract through Shawnee Senior Center, 405.878.1528, offers Tai Chi for Better Balance and Enhance Fitness classes to seniors at Shawnee, Meeker and Asher Senior Centers.
Volunteers Impacting People (VIP), sponsored by Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency, is an organization dedicated to matching senior volunteers and area non-profits with opportunities to work together for community betterment – a win-win for both parties.
• VIP also collects hours and tracks them for organizations to utilize for matching funds during the grant writing process.
• Meals on Wheels for persons who are homebound or no longer cook. Meals are available for special diets upon request.
• A friend of a Senior is a Christmas program which provides gifts for seniors who have no family. Volunteers for this program are both businesses and individuals.
• Shoes That Fit – provides shoes for disadvantaged elementary school children (Pre-K to Grade 5) Shawnee, Tecumseh and Seminole
Department of Human Services (DHS)
Adult Protective Services
Child Protective Services
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Adult protective services
The Official Oklahoma Medical Marijuana site
They can also call us at 405-522-6662 if they need assistance with applying.
Melissa Miller, MSW, Communications Manager
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
Oklahoma State Department of Health
405-271-9444 ext. 49422